What is mindfulness and
why is it so important?
Mindfulness is a choice to be actively aware in the present moment as you observe your thoughts and feelings objectively. It is a neutral state of mind in which there is no judgment of good or bad, right or wrong.
Mindfulness is not a passive state of mind. It is active awareness. When you practice mindfulness you do not react, but respond from choice based on observation.
Mindfulness is a practice of living in the present moment to be awake and aware of the rich experiences of life happening all around you. It is a gentle acceptance of what is. Some of the benefits of mindfulness are:
- Experience more peace and serenity
- Reduce fear and worry
- Increase your confidence
- Enhance your awareness of the world around you
- Conscious change by choice from the inside out
- Being more present with others
- Become aware of the simple joys of life
- Improve your sense of well-being
- React less and observe more
- Feel empowered and in control
- Disengage from the drama of life
- Improve quality of relationships
- Heal the body
- Reduce stress related illnesses
- Open to opportunities you weren’t aware of before
If you would like to experience the benefits of mindfulness, please connect with us and let us know how we can serve and support you in learning more.