The Board Certified Coach (BCC) credential is a mark of distinction for credential holders and a source of credibility for their clients. A BCC has met professional coaching competency standards established by CCE and subject matter experts.
The BCC certification demonstrates to the public that a professional coach has:
- Met educational and training requirements
- Passed a psychometrically sound coach-specific examination
- Obtained experience in the field of coaching
- Professional peer references
- Accountability to an enforceable ethics code
- Commitment to continuing education
The achievement of the Board Certified Coach credential solidifies the professional identity of the coach. The BCC credential is attractive to professionals who would like to provide independent third-party verification that they have achieved certain coaching competency standards.