A Unique Coach Certification Training Program
Join coaches, managers, therapists, consultants, HR and other human services professionals for a comprehensive, interactive coach certification training to learn proven mindful change coaching methods to expand your awareness and enhance your professional skills.
Our Vision for Our Coach Certification Training
Guiding Mindful Change was founded in 2000 by Billie Frances, a licensed therapist whose vision was to create a network of Mindful Change Coaches who would positively change the lives of thousands. That vision is realized and is continually growing with hundreds of certified coaches nationwide. Guiding Mindful Change continues to set the standard for excellence in creating qualified, ethical and empowered coaches through their unique coach certification training program.
Guiding Mindful Change’s certified coaches utilize the skills within their profession and/or maintain successful coaching practices, and teams of coaches help fulfill Guiding Mindful Change’s corporate contracts.
Guiding Mindful Change maintains its global headquarters in San Diego, California and supports a prosperous coaching network that is able to respond to both individual and corporate coaching needs in a timely and efficient manner.
What is Mindful Change Coaching?
Traditional coaching facilitates behavior change via a structured partnership between coach and client. Coaches support their client to set goals, reveal obstacles and take action to achieve desired outcomes.
While traditional or facilitative coaching has merit and value, some coaches find that there’s something missing.
They recognize they need to do their own exploration before they can take other people deeper.
They’re willing to invest in a rigorous training and do their work to clear blocks, barriers and biases that keep them from being completely available. And by their willingness, they enjoy a richer, fuller life.
At the heart of mindful coaching is awareness. Through attention and practice, mindful coaches learn to be more aware of essential harmony within all relationships and within all circumstances. And, when mindful coaches are aware of themselves and their clients, the coaching process naturally and powerfully reveals wholeness, balance, order and right action. Mindful Coaches do not impose their ideas or agendas upon their clients; rather they apply coaching techniques that fully allow their clients to discover pathways to their heart’s desires.
Mindful Life Coaching begins with the following beliefs:
- People are naturally whole and resourceful
- Balance is essential for fulfillment
- Clients are their own authority for change
- Change is promoted by mindful guidance, support, encouragement, and partnership
12 Reasons to Become a Mindful Change Coach
- Deepen your self-awareness
- Enrich your quality of life
- Improve your professional life
- Gain tools to empower personal and professional development
- Begin your own coaching practice
- Learn how to attract clients who are ready to move forward
- Receive instruction and guidance from a highly-qualified trainer who has successfully incorporated mindful change coaching methods and fulfilled strict criteria
- Earn CEUs
- Receive coaching certification from a Center for Credentialing and Education approved Training Provider for their Board Certified Coach programhttp://www.cce-global.org/BCC
- Students and graduates may earn Continuing Education Units from the International Consortium for Health & Wellness Coaching (ICHWC)
This program is an ICHWC-Approved Transition Program. Successful graduates meet the eligibility requirements (for the Transition Phase) to sit for the HWC Certifying Examination required for health & wellness coaches to become National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coaches (NBC-HWC).
- Access exclusive resources as a Certified Mindful Coach
- Eligible to collaborate with other Certified Mindful Coaches nationwide on programs ranging from non-profit initiatives to high-level executive coaching opportunities
Nine Key Elements of the Accelerated 90-Day Training:
- Powerfully anchor your certification training with a live, experiential weekend intensive
- Training continues via 12 weekly 2-hour group teleseminars
- Hone your skills with 8 hours of direct coaching, working one-to-one with practice clients
- 7 hours of peer coaching that includes working weekly with your peer coachee and receiving coaching weekly from your own peer coach
- Experience 3 hours of personal coaching with a master trainer so you can expand your own inner work
- Enhance your preparation with 1 hour of homework weekly that may include written assignments and outside reading
- Comprehensive manual that includes Discovery Packet, worksheets, and tools for client success
- Bonus personalized practice-building strategy sessions with a marketing specialist
- Bonus sessions focused on content areas for the ICHWC Health & Wellness Coach Certifying Examination with a health and wellness specialist
Carol Ebert RN, BSN, MA, CHES
Certified Mindful Coach and Wellness Specialist
- GMC Trainers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Suggested Reading List
- Our Code of Ethics
- Employee Wellness Coaching
- Benefits to Joining the Network