San Diego, CA –
Onsite Intensive May 19 and 20, 2018
Times: 8:30-5:30 PM Central Time
Plus: 12 webinars beginning the week of
May 21 as arranged by consensus of the class.
Certification completed by July 30, 2018 to satisfy the ICHWC application deadline.
Onsite Intensive September 8 & 9, 2018
Times: 8:30-5:30 PM Central Time
Plus: 12 weekly webinars beginning the week of
September 10 as arranged by consensus of the class.
Certification completed by December 7, 2018
Mindful Coach Certification
Guiding Mindful Change (GMC) was founded in 2000 by Billie Frances, a licensed therapist whose vision was to create a network of Mindful Change Coaches who would positively change the lives of thousands. That vision is realized and is continually growing with hundreds of certified coaches nationwide. GMC continues to set the standard for excellence in creating qualified, ethical and empowered coaches.
Most of GMC’s certified coaches utilize the skills within their profession and/or maintain successful coaching practices, and teams of coaches help fulfill GMC’s corporate contracts. GMC maintains its global headquarters in San Diego, California and supports a prosperous coaching network that is able to respond to both individual and corporate coaching needs in a timely and efficient manner.
What is Mindful Change Coaching?
Coaching facilitates behavioral change via a structured and supportive partnership between coach and client that will prepare the client to:
- Set both long term and short term goals
- Facilitate commitment to act on these goals
- Set action plans and monitor progress in attaining goals
- Develop strategies to utilize strengths most effectively
- Create focus and momentum where it is needed and wanted
- Celebrate personal and professional achievements
- Reveal obstacles that cause clients to feel “stuck” in certain areas
- Maximize potential in every area of life
- Achieve desired outcomes
- Fulfill dreams
What Makes Mindful Coaching Different?
At the heart of mindful coaching is awareness. Through attention and practice, mindful coaches learn to be more aware of essential harmony within all relationships and within all circumstances. And, when mindful coaches are aware of themselves and their clients, the coaching process naturally and powerfully reveals wholeness, balance, order and right action. Mindful Coaches do not impose their ideas or agendas upon their clients; rather they apply coaching techniques that fully allow their clients to discover pathways to their heart’s desires.
Mindful Life Coaching begins with the following beliefs:
- People are naturally whole and resourceful
- Balance is essential for fulfillment
- Clients are their own authority for change
- Change is promoted by mindful guidance, support, encouragement, and partnership
12 Reasons to Become a Mindful Change Coach
- Deepen your self-awareness
- Enrich your quality of life
- Improve your professional life
- Gain tools to empower personal and professional development
- Begin your own coaching practice
- Learn how to attract clients who are ready to move forward
- Receive instruction and guidance from a highly-qualified trainer who has successfully incorporated mindful change coaching methods and fulfilled strict criteria.
- Earn CEUs
- Receive coaching certification from a Center for Credentialing and Education approved Training Provider for our Board Certified Coach program http://www.cce-global.org/BCC
- Receive coaching certification from an International Consortium for Health & Wellness Coaching approved Training Provider http://ichwc.org/
- Access exclusive resources as a Certified Mindful Coach
- Eligible to collaborate with other Certified Mindful Coaches nationwide on programs ranging from non-profit initiatives to high-level executive coaching opportunities
Nine Key Elements of the Accelerated 90-Day Training:
- Powerfully anchor your certification training with a live, experiential weekend intensive
- Training continues via 12 weekly 2-hour group teleseminars
- Hone your skills with 8 hours of direct coaching, working one-to-one with practice clients
- 7 hours of peer coaching that includes working weekly with your peer coachee and receiving coaching weekly from your own peer coach
- Experience 3 hours of personal coaching with a master trainer so you can expand your own inner work
- Enhance your preparation with 1 hour of homework weekly that may include written assignments and outside reading
- Comprehensive manual that includes Discovery Packet, worksheets, and tools for client success
- Bonus personalized practice-building strategy sessions with a marketing specialist
- Bonus sessions focused on content areas for the ICHWC Health & Wellness Coach Certifying Examination with a health and wellness specialist
Carol Ebert RN, BSN, MA, CHES
Certified Mindful Coach and Wellness Specialist