Wellness Coaching is tailored to meet each person’s need for well-being and health behavior change. Guiding Mindful Change, a leader in health and wellness coaching training and programs, has provided wellness coaching nationwide since 2004. Working in partnership with progressive organizations, including Fortune 100 corporations, physician groups and corporate executives, GMC has demonstrated effectiveness and cost efficiency gains.
Corporate Employee Wellness
Employee Wellness Coaching helps employees clarify their health and wellness objectives while challenging and supporting them to discover more effective approaches to achieve those objectives. Employee Wellness Coaching – with proven success has helped corporate employees establish the next level of wellness and maintain positive health behavior changeincluding engagement, cues to action, outcome expectancy and support. Some benefits of GMC Employee Wellness to Corporations:
- Enhance partnership between the organization and employees
- Reduce over-use of the health care system
- Maximize employees’ strengths
- Improve retention, effectiveness and fulfillment
- Alleviate demand on Human Resource personnel
- Positive return on investment*
Benefits of GMC Wellness Coaching
Participants will learn how to:
- Maximize performance and potential
- Improve health and well being
- Create balance between personal and professional life
- Determine action plans and monitor progress in attaining goals
- Develop focus, drive, and momentum
- Build on commitment and confidence
- Develop strategies that utilize strengths most effectively
- Identify resources that support positive, sustainable change
*Employers who invest in worksite health promotion programs can see a return of $3-$6 for every dollar invested over a 2-5 year period. Documented savings are observed in medical costs, absenteeism, workers comp claims, short-term disability and presenteeism (lower on-the-job efficiency due to employee health problems) Source: American Journal of Preventative Medicine – December 2005.
Physician Empowerment: Your Partner in Patient Health
In 2012, teams of Guiding Mindful Change coaches expanded into patient wellness advocacy through partnership with physicians and pysician groups. As pioneers in this field, we learned how Healthcare Reform impacts their practices and the challenges they faced to comply with wellness mandates. Through dialogue and collaboration, we identified customizable strategies to meet their needs and the wellness needs of their patients. Our support includes direct patient wellness coaching as well as training programs for physicians and staff to more effectively promote wellness and well-being.
Proven methods and positive results demonstrated through our employee wellness coaching programs led to an extension of our coaching services to corporate leaders. Executives resonate with our experienced, skilled, and resourceful coaches with whom they can expect personalized, confidential, and powerful coaching as they address such concerns as work/life balance, implementing succession plans, health challenges, stress management, time management, and self-care.
- 74% agreed they are more productive at work now due to their participation in this program.
- 93% reported being satisfied with the client-led, non-directive style of coaching compared to health education and advice-giving methods.
- 93% indicated they would participate in this program again.