Employee Wellness Coaching Programs
Empower Organizations and Employees
Employee Wellness Coaching Programs support organizations and employees who are seeking wellness strategies that motivate and empower their health and well-being. Wellness coaches help employees focus on their health and overall wellbeing as a priority in their lives. The primary focus of employee wellness coaching is on taking action to achieve desired results in the future.
Wellness coaches assist employees/coachees in identifying, prioritizing and implementing choices. They also help employees discover their purpose and goals and take action toward achieving them. Always enthusiastic and sincere, wellness coaches empower employee/coachees by listening to them and their concerns attentively. They support employees with what’s working and becoming aware of and adjusting what isn’t. Coaches help employees identify and resolve roadblocks with powerful requests and accountability.
The employee wellness coaching relationship is confidential, safe and empowering.
Benefits of Employee Wellness Programs:
Employee Wellness Coaching programs provide many benefits to employees and organizations alike:
- Improve employee morale and attitude
- Improve company culture
- Reduce stress
- Reduce medical insurance claims
- Reduce medical insurance premium rates
- Reduce accidents and illness
- Increase energy
- Increase motivation
- Create healthy competition
- Create team spirit and camaraderie
- Create employee loyalty and appreciation
The Employee Wellness Coaching Process
The GMC Employee Wellness Coaching program is a 7-step health behavior change model targeted to meet the specific needs of corporations to improve employee wellness.
This proven model was developed by Guiding Mindful Change (GMC), a leader in health and wellness coaching training and programs.
Rather than affecting all segments of employees’ lives, coaches narrow in on health and wellness using the 7-step formula coaching method:
1. Assess areas of health and wellness employees wish to improve
2. Explore options for change
3. Ascertain perceived benefits for change
4. Identify barriers and obstacles
5. Develop a personalized action plan to overcome barriers and achieve objectives
6. Identify supports for sustainability
7. Provide accountability
How employees enter the employee wellness coaching program is at the discretion of the company and may include:
- Company sponsored health screening
- Employee Assistance Program
- Incentive/Reward program
- Human Resources Department
GMC employee wellness coaching has proven to be effective with a wide range of employee positions, from corporate leaders to administrative assistants.
You choose how your company can best benefit from the successful effects of employee wellness coaching.
The Employee Wellness Coaching Structure
Personalized telephone employee wellness coaching sessions for corporate employees are arranged at the convenience of the employee and include the following:
* Pre-program assessment
* 10-minute orientation
* 45-minute foundational coaching session
* 6-20 minute wellness coaching sessions
* 10-minute post-program assessment
* Participant satisfaction survey
Roles & Responsibilities of
Employee Wellness Coaching Program
* Willingness to focus attention on making real changes in health behavior
* Defines, clarifies and commits to specific goals and action steps.
* Helps lead the session; comes prepared and lets the coach know what is working and not working in the coaching relationship.
* Agrees to commit to the principles of accountability, honesty and respect.
* Selects a workable coaching schedule and endeavors to keep coaching appointments.
The Wellness Coach
* Helps the coachee to discover and clarify health and wellness goals.
* Supports the coachee in defining and designing specific action steps.
* Asks questions to assess the level of the coachee’s commitment to the action.
* Monitor progress in attaining goals.
* Respects the coachee’s willingness to be truthful and keeps all information strictly confidential
* Focuses the coachee on commitments.
* Commits to the principles of accountability, honesty and respect