- What have I accomplished this year? Be specific. Write it all down. Schedule some time to celebrate this!
- What have I learned this year? What skills did you pick up? What emotional lessons?
- What got in my way? This is where your work will be next year. Be honest if it was your own self that got in the way.
- Who contributed to my successes? What can you do to recognize these members of your personal or professional team?
- What mistakes did I make, and what did I learn from them? Writing these down is a good refresher for what not to do next year.
- How was my work consistent with my values? What will you do with the inconsistencies?
- Where did I not take responsibility? Sometimes this is easier to see with a little distance from the actual event.
- How did my performance rate? Give yourself a letter grade or a 1-10 score.
- What do I need to let go of? Doing so can help you move much more lightly into the new year.
- What was missing for me this year? How can you incorporate them into next year?
Do you want to make a bigger difference in 2019? Are you willing to bring your best self to your work, family and friends? Do you believe your success expands as self-discovery deepens?
If yes, email me at Billie@GuidingMindfulChange.com to receive my no-cost Self-Awareness Assessment.
Author’s content used under license, © 2008 Claire Communications